Ask,

Custom Search

And You Shall Receive.

30 November 2011

Slow

Everything buzzes in your head. You can't just turn everything off. It's not that easy and let's face it, absolute silence is boring.

But it goes without saying it is one of those ideas that simply catch my attention easily.

It wasn't too hard to understand the psychology of it all. It wasn't hard to set most things into an automatic response. It wasn't hard to just turn down the volume on everything once you have enough awareness of the source.

I remember feeling heavy, sluggish, slow. Everything became so mechanical, so manual. Ideas stop coming to you when you stop bothering to process them.

In, automated response, out. That was all to it. And it was boring. It was repetitive work. It was in every and all ways, a robot. And that is exactly why it was dangerous.

I remember the ideas I had at the time. The thought processes that I had. But I know it wasn't completely silent, it couldn't be. Not at such a short time at least. But knowing myself and my nature, I let the volume rise again.

It is fun to do what I do. But at the end of the day, I sure ain't going to do something as pointless as that again.

No comments:

Post a Comment