Ask,

Custom Search

And You Shall Receive.

11 February 2008

Chinese New Year 2008

a little late to wish everyone a happy chinese new year i guess but at least this post shows that i'm still alive.

first three days of CNY was spent in Melacca where my grandparents were (father's side). drowned in boredom, i decided to start ransacking things in my grandparents house to see what can i take a picture of. i finally found a mechanical watch that is powered by winding. the watched belonged to my grandfather, easily making older than myself. however, i was shocked to see that it worked when i wound it up! but when i checked the time the next day, it seems it has sped up about 5 minutes. the old age of the watch must have affected its efficiency.

anyway, here is a look at it.

of course, you might not actually see the brand name from here cause i can't seem to take a clear shot at it. but i finally managed to take a picture of its winder from the side where it also has its name imprinted on it. (you may want to click on the image to make it load its original size)
besides this mechanical wound up watch, i decided to also take a picture of the wound up clock my grandfather had that was hung on the wall and used until today.
not bad eh?

the next three days were spent in kedah in my other grandparents house (mother's side). the only picture i managed to take there was of a 5 cent coin. however, the picture was not easy to take. my camera phone could only have about a 2 inch macro mode. with the help of two and a half magnifying glass, i managed to take a much larger picture of the coin without losing clarity.
time for a random picture. here is my little sister's teddy bear trying to drive us home from melacca.
cute yes? no? anyway, this reminds me of valentine. at least my friends are having a gathering so i won't be lonely as i thought. but still my heart is blue. haha.. an early happy valentine's day for everyone.

1 comment:

  1. seems like you managed to find something to do in Malacca after all. I like the picture of the 5 cent coin. I don't think I'll manage to get a photo as clear as that.

    ReplyDelete